5 blow the budget Christmas tech stocking fillers
The great British Christmas has changed a lot in recent years. Gone are the days of a new drill or top-of-the range hairdryer being enough to satisfy gadget lovers on 25 December. Would you want one of these under your tree this year?
By Ann-Marie Corvin
- HTC Vive VR headset, £769.99
This high end virtual reality headset is the most expensive on the market - plus you’ll need a gaming PC, which could set you back £1000+.
- WowWeeCHIP the Robot Dog, £179.99
Amazon’s tip for Christmas this year, it's set to sell out before it even hits the shelves. This trainable robo dog recognises and follows its owner, will fetch a smart ball and bring it back to them.
- Karalux 24K goldplated Dragon iPhone 7 with diamond encrusted logo, $4000 (£3,200) or $4,500( £3,600) for iPhone7 Plus
The gold plating process, provided by Vietnamese company Karalux, can take up to 8 hours and comes with the company’s signature dragon engraved on the back.
- Alpina Horological Smartwatch, £940
This leather strap watch is iOS and Android compatible and boasts MotionX activity tracking and sleep monitoring. It’s available at Harrods.
- USB Typewriter for Your iPAD, Mac, $1270 (£1010), Amazon.com
For those who want to experience a little nostalgia with their high end tech, you can slot your iPad into an old fashioned typewriter and start tapping away.
Main image: Mike Licht CCBY