Freelance Assembly Presenter - 3 days a week in term time only (some overnight stays required)
This post is suitable for someone based in or near Manchester
- We are looking for a person to join our team of dynamic presenters/educators based in or near Manchester who can command the attention of the toughest audiences around, namely junior school children. You will present assemblies as part of a nationwide tour.
- A background in education is preferable. Teaching experience or proof of relevant work experience around young people is necessary.
- You will need to be a team player who can engage an audience of hundreds of children, whilst presenting with conviction and clarity. Turning up and reading a script is not in the job description.
- You will be able to understand the curriculum we work from and be open to learning more about this fast-moving subject area.
- You will be aware of the sensitivities that surround the project and Parent Zone’s wider work. In your role in the assembly team you will act as an ambassador for both Parent Zone, and our partners and our clients.
- You will be vetted to ensure you’re qualified to work in a school environment (DBS check).
- Your working hours will be subject to change during term time, the role will sometimes require you to be based away from home overnight (only on weekdays).
- This post requires a full, clean driving licence.
Skills and experience
- You will have knowledge of, and an interest in, the challenges that face families and young people living in a digital world.
- You must be a resilient and reliable team player, keen and enthusiastic in equal measure.
Salary: £200-£300 day rate (depending on experience)
To apply, email a CV and a supporting letter explaining how you fit this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that although our offices are in London, we are looking for a presenter to join our Northern team, based in or around Manchester.
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone is the UK's leading organisation making the internet work for families. Our training and events set new standards in supporting families in a digital age.