Vacancy – Commissioning Editor / Senior Writer
We're looking for an outstanding writer/commissioning editor to join our growing content team.
Parent Info, delivered via 5000+ schools' websites, offers information on subjects from bullying to violent extremism, sex and relationships to self-harm.
A new project, launching next year, will bring together the voices of young people and expert advice on a similar range of topics.
The Parent Zone website will be developed in the new year to become newsier and more topical, reflecting our role as the leading organisation grappling with the implications for families of the digital world.
The Commissioning Editor/Senior Writer will be responsible for commissioning articles from leading experts in a range of fields and directly from young people. You will also write and edit content across our platforms.
You will have lots of ideas for lively, compelling content. You will be experienced at writing commissioning briefs, and persistent in pursuing stories and inspiring writers. You will be used to working to deadlines, and write with speed and flair.
You will be a good judge of tone and content.
About Parent Zone
We are a social enterprise helping families to be resilient in a connected world. We have ambitious future plans to become a global platform that is central to the debate about families and the digital future. In the last few years, we have reached millions of families and worked in 15 countries.
Skills and experience
- Journalistic experience, both writing and commissioning
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines across a range of digital platforms and/or print publications
- Capable of producing your own interesting, lively, and attention-grabbing content for different audiences, which is also sensitive and thoughtful
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities experienced by families, schools and young people in a connected world, and the kinds of content they might want or need.
- Excellent personal skills and ability to work well with a range of contributors, including experts and young people.
Salary and benefits
- £35,000 - £37,000 (DOE)
- Full time. Permanent.
- Optional pension scheme
- Based in Angel, London.
- The occasional UK and international travel may be required.
How to apply
Send your CV, a covering letter and two relevant examples of published writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December