Vacancy - Full Stack Developer
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone was established in 2005 to make the internet work for families. Today Parent Zone works with global companies like Vodafone, Google and Microsoft to deliver ground-breaking projects designed to help families enjoy the best of technology and minimise the risks. Our membership programmes, training and events set new standards in supporting families in a digital age.
(Junior) Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a talented and passionate (Game) Software Developer to work on a variety of exciting cross-platform projects helping children become safer and more confident in the digital world.
Parent Zone has two websites both contributing to our overall mission. Our web solutions have to be adaptable enough to meet the needs of schools, police forces and local authorities, as well as being effective public-facing sites. Our sites are built on Drupal and Gatsby and include some integration with third-party tools.
Our site was launched a few years ago. There is now work to be done to enhance it and to ensure that it keeps pace with the needs of our dynamic social enterprise.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the web and is experienced in game development. They will be excited by the opportunity to bring technical skills to a social enterprise that has relied on outsourcing thus far.
- As a Full Stack Developer, you will create fun and engaging (mobile) games, played by more than 500,000 users around the world in different languages, as well as other multiple, bespoke platforms, ensuring that children and young people learn about digital resilience
- You will work as part of a highly skilled team to develop and maintain games, additional features, and any development tools required
- Work closely with the content and design team to ensure that all aspects of the digital products (websites, games, etc.) are delivered in high quality and on time
- You will be part of the whole development life-cycle - beginning with conception to delivery, testing and maintenance of the product
- Take responsibility for the delivery and technical quality assurance of the build
- Ideally, experience in using Drupal
- Passionate about online games, with an understanding of game-play mechanics
- Experienced in OOP practices and design patterns
- Knowledge of the latest libraries and frameworks
- Experience in how and when to use third-party plugins
- Deliver foundational work as well as incremental improvements to new and already existing platforms
- Effective way of writing clear, understandable, scalable and maintainable code
- Bringing your development experience from the initial discovery phase to design and delivery of new game features and improve existing ones
- Enjoying the challenge of finding workable solutions in an agile environment and debugging production issues in live environments
- Using Gatsby or Netlify
- Experience in developing online games for children and young people
- Experience in general digital media asset production
- A good eye for UI/UX
- A commitment to our ethos and values
- A portfolio, including work involving commerce and rich media
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to explain technical issues to colleagues and partners in plain English
- Ability to scope solutions, provide accurate project estimates
- Enjoy working as part of a collaborative team
- Positive mindset and self-driven
- Open-minded and keen to learn
- Hands-on mentality
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Pre-existing right to work in the UK
Salary: £30,000.00 /year with more for an exceptional candidate
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Software development: 1 year (Required)
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please follow this link to submit your application.
No agencies, please.