Vacancy - Head of Digital
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone are the experts in digital family life, providing information and support to parents, children and schools. As a social enterprise, our mission is to improve outcomes for all children by helping them to be resilient, confident and supported so that they can flourish in a connected world.
Since 2005 we have worked with partners such as Google, Vodafone and the Home Office to ensure that all young people, families and professionals can easily access the best information, support and advice in the way that suits them best.
Our plans for the future are ambitious. We are growing from a niche specialist voice to a significant global platform that is central to the debate about families and the digital future. In the last few years, we have reached millions of families and worked in 15 countries and counting…
As Head of Digital, you will be responsible for delivering our ambitious digital strategy to build on our successes and achieve our mission. This means delivering large scale digital projects with high profile, global partners alongside transforming our internal systems in a human-friendly, efficient way so that we have the reach and engagement to deliver better outcomes for all children and young people.
What this will look like:
- You will lead our small internal digital team alongside commissioning and managing a range of external providers
- You will lead on the delivery of diverse and challenging digital projects. Over the next 12-18 months these will include:
- Overhaul our enterprise information and contact management systems
- Develop digital products and interactive resources for national and international partners
- Update and rebuild our website
- Improve security, testing and maintenance processes
- You will work closely with our Creative Director and the content team to develop the practical tools and creative ideas needed to reach more families and professionals
- You will play a key role in shaping all of our products and services to ensure that they scale effectively and that we respond to new opportunities and challenges
Skills and experience
- Calm and confident digital project manager with experience of delivering complex projects on time and within budget
- Good working knowledge of digital development, contact/data management and security
- Able to demonstrate experience of selecting and maintaining the best solution for a project based on stakeholder requirements and available resources
- Able to bring together many different projects within a coherent and measurable operational plan
- Effective team leader who is able to help people be productive, develop their skills, utilise their creativity and collaborate
- Experience of sourcing, commissioning and managing external providers
- Confident in communicating with people who have less understanding of technology
- Able to help everyone in the organisation to make the most of digital services in their day to day work
- Understand GDPR, ‘duty of care’ and age-appropriate design - and how they apply to design and management
- Able to identify new opportunities and innovative solutions to shape our long term strategies
- Committed to achieving measurable social impact as part of a team
- Energised by working in a smallish organisation with big ambitions
- Understanding of the real opportunities, challenges and harms families, schools and young people encounter in a connected world
- Experience delivering digital transformation projects and scaling up business systems
- Practical programming or UX design experience
- Experience in Gsuite administration
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment
- Happy working with an office dog!
£35,000 - 40,000 PA depending on experience.
Full time. Permanent.
Due to the nature of our work you will be required to have an enhanced DBS check. If you do not currently have one. You must be eligible to work in the UK. Occasional UK and international travel may be required. Based in Angel, London.
How to apply
Send a CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to join us, how you meet the requirements and examples of this in practice. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information or to discuss the role and requirements please contact email@example.com.
Deadline for applications
17.00 Thursday 2nd May
First Interview: Thursday 16th May
Second Interview: Thursday 23rd May