Vacancy - Marketing and social media editor
Parent Zone, the experts in digital family life, are looking for an outstanding marketing and social media editor to join our growing content team.
We produce articles, videos and podcasts for parents, young people, teachers, social workers, police officers and businesses.
Parent Info, delivered via 5000+ schools' websites, offers information on subjects from bullying to violent extremism, sex and relationships to self-harm.
In addition to a wide range of consumer content, we provide educational materials to schools, and work in partnership with high-profile clients, including some of the world's largest tech companies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape Parent Zone’s brand positioning through a coherent and engaging social media presence that speaks to diverse audiences.
The marketing and social media editor will be responsible for managing all of Parent Zone’s external communications including social media posts and email newsletters.
They will devise and implement marketing plans for all of Parent Zone’s projects, developing new strategies to reach our core audiences of parents, young people and the professionals who work with those groups.
Knowledge of all of the major social media platforms, and the creative nous to use them in innovative and effective ways, is a must – as is experience with an email marketing platform such as Mailchimp.
The successful candidate should also be adept at hitting the right tone, whether they’re writing a newsletter for our Members or an Instagram post for our new Factfindr youth website.
About Parent Zone
We are a social enterprise aiming to improve outcomes for all children by helping them to be resilient, confident, and flourish in a connected world. We have ambitious future plans to become a global platform central to the debate about families and the digital future.
In the past few years, we have reached millions of families and worked in 15 countries.
Skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, plus social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite
- Extensive knowledge of email marketing via a tool such as Mailchimp
- Excellent writing skills; journalistic experience is a bonus
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines across a range of digital platforms
- Capable of producing your own interesting, lively, and attention-grabbing marketing and social content for different audiences, which is also sensitive and thoughtful
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities experienced by families, schools and young people in a connected world, and the ways to reach those audiences
- Excellent personal skills
Salary and benefits
- Full time. Permanent
- Optional pension scheme
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Based in Angel, London but with the option to work remotely
- Occasional UK and international travel may be required
How to apply
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The covering letter should explain why you are keen to join Parent Zone and how you meet the requirements of the role. Interviews will be conducted remotely via video-calling or phone.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on 6 July 2020