Know the Stakes – What you get
Parent Zone and GambleAware have created new resources for parents, carers and professionals, so they can support young people to stay in control of their finances and understand the risks of gambling.
The free 'Know the Stakes' pack includes a range of different materials:
- A Film (MP4) where Parent Zone's CEO Vicki Shotbolt talks about the challenges of managing money as a young person, why gambling can be tempting for them and what parents, carers and professionals can do to help them make informed decisions.
- FAQs on some of the most common issues that parents, carers and professionals have about young people and gambling.
- Top Tips on the signs of gambling-related problems and what to do if you suspect that a young person has lost control.
- A Glossary that explains a range of gambling-related terms.
- A Guide for professionals to the legality of gambling for young people, outlining the signs that a young person might be struggling, and suggesting how to provide support.
Resources are provided for free for educational, non-commercial use
We're here to help if you have any problems or questions about the resource pack. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to speak to someone about gambling?
If you are looking for help, advice or support in relation to your or someone else's gambling, please go to BeGambleAware.org or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone are the experts in digital family life. We provide support and information to parents, children and schools to help families to navigate the internet safely and confidently. We work with schools, governments and businesses around the world to study, understand and address the impact of emerging technologies on young people and families so that all children are able to flourish in a connected world.
GambleAware is an independent charity that champions a public health approach to preventing gambling harms. The charity is a commissioner of integrated prevention, education and treatment services on a national scale. In a partnership with gambling treatment providers, GambleAware has spent several years methodically building structures for commissioning a coherent system of brief intervention and treatment services, with clearly defined care pathways and established referral routes to and from the NHS – a National Gambling Treatment Service. GambleAware also runs the website BeGambleAware.org which helps 4.2 million visitors a year and signposts to a wide range of support services.