Vacancy - Commissioning Editor / Senior Writer
The experts in digital family life are looking for an outstanding writer / commissioning editor to join our growing content team.
We produce articles, films, and podcasts for parents, young people, teachers, social workers, police officers and businesses.
Parent Info, delivered via 5000+ schools' websites, offers information on subjects from bullying to violent extremism, sex and relationships to self-harm.
In addition to a wide range of consumer content, we provide educational materials to schools, and work in partnership with high profile clients, including some of the world's largest tech companies.
The Commissioning Editor / Senior Writer will be responsible for commissioning articles from leading experts in a range of fields and directly from young people.
You will also write and edit content across our platforms, including an exciting new project. You will have lots of ideas for lively, compelling content.
You will be experienced at writing commissioning briefs, and persistent in pursuing stories and the best writers. You will be used to working to deadlines. You will write with speed and flair.
You will be a good judge of tone and content for our partnership projects, which currently include Google, The Home Office, Children In Need, Vodafone Global, GambleAware and others.
About Parent Zone
We are a social enterprise aiming to improve outcomes for all children by helping them to be resilient, confident, and flourish in a connected world.
We have ambitious future plans to become a global platform central to the debate about families and the digital future. In the last few years, we have reached millions of families and worked in 15 countries.
Skills and experience:
- Degree-level education
- Journalistic experience, both writing and commissioning
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines across a range of digital platforms and/or print publications
- Capable of producing your own interesting, lively, and attention-grabbing content for different audiences, which is also sensitive and thoughtful
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities experienced by families, schools and young people in a connected world, and the kinds of content they might want or need.
- Excellent personal skills and ability to work well with a range of contributors, including experts and young people.
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 - £37,000 (DOE)
- Full time. Permanent.
- Optional pension scheme
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Based in Angel, London.
- The occasional UK and international travel may be required.
How to apply
Please apply via Cision – or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and two relevant examples of published writing. The covering letter should explain why you are keen to join Parent Zone and how you meet the requirements of the role.
Deadline: Friday 6 March, 5.30pm