We've teamed up with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) to help young people understand how to stay more secure from online threats, such as scams and hacking.
They have created CyberFirst Navigators to highlight some of the most common cyber scams and malicious activity that pre-teen and teenage internet users might come across and empower them to make choices to keep themselves more secure online.
Take a quiz
We've created a personality quiz for young people (and parents) around cyber security. The quiz was developed with youth platform VoiceBox, to distinguish what matters most to young people around cyber security today.
Try it and test how cyber secure your family is.
Secure in a snap
One quick way to improve your family's cyber security is to add two-step verification on your email. Check out how – and other cyber security tips – through the NCSC's cyber aware campaign:
- Turn on two-step verification (2SV). Click here to learn how
- Create strong and separate passwords for all your accounts, using three random words. Click here to find out more
- Save passwords in your browser. Click here to learn how
- Back up your data. Learn more here
- Update your devices, to combat malware ('malicious software'). Learn more here
- Take care clicking on links sent from others, including prizes and time-limited offers
- Be careful when entering personal details online
- Report dodgy-looking emails to email@example.com
- Keep up-to-date, using NCSC resources
About the NCSC
The NCSC is the UK's national technical authority on cyber security and is working to make the UK the safest place to live and work online.
They support the most critical organisations in the UK, the wider public sector, industry, SMEs, as well as the general public.
CyberFirst is a programme of opportunities to help young people explore their passion for tech, by introducing them to the fast paced world of cyber security. Click here to find out more
CyberSprinters is a game for children aged 7-11, to help the make smart decisions about staying secure online. Click here to find out more