Join our mission
We work with schools, families, young people, government and statutory bodies, as well as global corporate partners, to improve the outcomes for children and young people in a digital world. View our current vacancies below.
Community and Social Media Associate
Based: Office based (Islington, London) with flexible working
Parent Zone is looking for a Social Media and Community Associate to help us grow our channels and boost our outreach into the digital communities that need our services.
Sounds good? Here’s more
- Reporting to our Communications Manager, you will grow our communities and boost the numbers of teachers, family professionals and parents that engage with our products.
- You will play a vital role in some of our most exciting projects with diverse partners from Big Tech to National and local Government
- You will strive to position Parent Zone as an organisation that tech, grant markers and government wish to collaborate with.
- You will work closely with our Creative, Partnerships, Operations, Policy and Research functions to showcase how the communities you’re building can contribute to project KPIs.
- You will manage our social media platforms – monitoring trends and relevant sector discourse, spotting opportunities to market our brand and products.
- You will develop internal comms channels to ensure we actively and authoritatively respond to breaking news with our policy positions around tech governance and the impacts on children and families.
- You will present monthly social media reports using platform analytics to showcase the best-performing posts and suggest ideas for future content.
Skills and experience
- Experience of building communities around brands on social media.
- Experience of creating posts for the following platforms in a professional context: Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
- Pre-existing right to work in the UK.
- Skilled at writing social media copy and adjusting style or tone to meet audience needs.
- Interest in the challenges facing children and young people in the digital age.
- Experience of working with Hootsuite, Canva and other content management platforms.
- Excellent communication, time management, planning and organisational skills.
- An understanding of the tech and policy landscape, including how the Online Safety Bill will affect UK families.
- A passion for improving outcomes for children in the digital age.
- An understanding of the educational landscape, the priorities of teachers, and the needs of schools.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com