The Tech Shock Podcast - season 5 roundup
In this episode Vicki and Geraldine take some time to recap some of the recurring themes, big revelations, and personal highlights from season 5.
As part of the season roundup, you can expect mention of:
- U-turns on (and problems with) the Online Safety Bill
- Free speech absolutism versus legislation
- Possible ramifications of new technologies and the AI 'arms race'
- Pornography, age-gating, and filtering content
- Digital self-care, and tackling discrimination and online abuse
- Media literacy, resilience, and individual responsibility
- 'Reality shifting' (and affairs with Mr. Darcy!)
Tech Shock will be returning for its sixth season in May 2023, with plenty more topics for Vicki, Geraldine, and their guests to get their teeth into.
You can listen to this episode, as well as other episodes from season 5 (and earlier) via Plink, Spotify, Apple, or Google.
The Tech Shock podcast – sharenting
This week, Vicki and Geraldine are joined by Claire Bessant, lawyer and sharenting expert. They discuss the pros and cons of sharing information about your children online.
The Tech Shock podcast – a problem hiding in plain sight?
This week, Vicki and Geraldine take a deep dive into Parent Zone's latest research on child financial harms.
The Tech Shock podcast – the respectable face of the porn industry?
Vicki and Geraldine are joined by clinical psychologist Elly Hanson – they'll be looking at the impact of the porn industry and the platform, OnlyFans.